Sep 28, 2016

on Leave a Comment

Open Two IE to access same EBS instance using different users


"I opened another window, logged on to Oracle, and tried to enter AP invoice for another OU.  Went back to my first window, it said some errors and the window closed.  I hadn't save my stuff and all data was lost. Waste a day of my work.  Oracle sucks."

Sound familiar? I probably say "yeah Oracle is pretty suck, hard to use, error everywhere, Microsoft IE suck, too, blah blah blah".  Don't blame the users.  They don't understand.

I'd been asked by users how to do handle this situation almost every week.  Okay here you go.
In user's desktop, add a shortcut

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" –noframemerging

The key word is "–noframemerging".  It will do the trick that each Internet Explorer will handle each cookie created by its session. 

For this shortcut, you can add the URL at the end of the command

…iexplore.exe –noframemerging "http://aaa.bbb.com:8000/"

that users can reach the production instance just by a double-click. 

So when users need to open another "window", they should click this new shortcut, rather than the IE shortcut in the Start Menu or Toolbar.

"Sorry.  I'm using Firefox.  What should I do to achieve the same ?"

Using addon Multifox.  However it uses different concept that users need to create profiles to represent different sessions, and switch to that profile before logging on.

0 comments: