Sep 8, 2016

on 1 comment

Bare Minimum Requirement for Oracle EBS in Windows



I know It's time to buy another laptop…
Bringing a laptop and traveling around the globe to do Oracle EBS consulting, I usually maintain a VMWare image of Vision instance. I trim down everything to minimum, yet it is good enough to do simple presentation, walkthrough, proof-of-concept development.

Reduce datafile size to just enough
Delete any unnecessary file with large file size:
DBCA template file (~200mb)
APEX installation file (~130mb)
PS and SNO Installation files in $MSC_TOP/bin (~1.5Gb)

Here are the VMs and the spec:

EBS 11.2.10 ATG RUP7 with 10gR2 DB
Windows 2003 Server Enterprise 32 bit / 2.5 Gb Memory / 150 Gb hard disk

EBS 12.1.3 RUP5 with 11gR2 DB
Windows 2003 Server Enterprise 64 bit / 3.5 Gb Memory / 300 Gb hard disk

And right now I am working on this one:

EBS 12.2.5
Windows 2008 R2 Server Enterprise / 6 Gb Memory / 400 Gb hard disk
I know It's time to buy another laptop…

1 comments:

Alexander Pavlik said...


Hi

Yeah, I also miss times when I could create VM with EBS on my laptop for training))

Alex